Chapters 3–5 Questions and Answers
- Who owns the diary that Lockwood reads?
- Why does Lockwood reach out the window?
- What happens to Lockwood’s hand?
- After he leaves the room, what does Lockwood see Heathcliff do?
- Why does Nelly Dean know so much about Wuthering Heights?
- How did Heathcliff come to Wuthering Heights?
- How did Mr. Earnshaw treat Heathcliff?
- What was Cathy’s relationship with Heathcliff like?
- What was Hindley’s relationship with Heathcliff like?
- How did Joseph influence Mr. Earnshaw?
- The diary belongs to Catherine Earnshaw.
- Lockwood keeps being awoken by the tapping sound of a tree branch on the window and finally gets frustrated enough to try to grab the branch.
- Lockwood tries to grab the branch but instead makes contact with the cold hand of Catherine’s ghost.
- Lockwood sees Heathcliff fling...
(The entire section is 267 words.)