Last Updated on June 8, 2022, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 257
- Why does Cathy get stuck on the wrong side of the wall?
- What does Heathcliff tell Cathy about Linton?
- What does Cathy admit to Nelly when they return home?
- What does Cathy do when both Nelly and Edgar are bedridden?
- Why does Cathy laugh at Hareton?
- How does Hareton punish Cathy and Linton for making fun of him?
- What happens when Hareton tries to apologize to Cathy?
- What does Nelly do after catching Cathy sneaking out?
- Why does Edgar think Linton might be a suitable match for Cathy?
- What is the state of Linton’s health?
- After climbing down to retrieve her hat, Cathy finds she cannot climb back up the wall.
- Heathcliff tells Cathy that she broke Linton’s heart and that Linton is now very near death.
- Cathy tells Nelly that she will never be able to rest until she learns whether what Heathcliff said was true.
- Cathy secretly goes to Wuthering Heights to visit Linton.
- Cathy laughs at Hareton’s attempt to read when he admits he cannot read numbers yet.
- Hareton locks Linton and Cathy out of the house, causing Linton to throw a fit.
- Cathy hits Hareton with her whip and rides away without accepting his apology.
- Nelly immediately tells Edgar after she finds Cathy sneaking out.
- Edgar thinks Linton might make a good husband because he is unaware of Linton’s disagreeable personality and knows that Linton will eventually inherit Cathy’s home.
- Linton is just as sickly as Edgar and appears to be very near death.