Last Updated on June 8, 2022, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 254
- What happens when Heathcliff visits Catherine?
- Why does Heathcliff not forgive Catherine?
- Why doesn’t Heathcliff leave before Edgar arrives?
- What happens to Catherine after her meeting with Heathcliff?
- What does Heathcliff say to Nelly about Catherine’s death?
- What does Heathcliff do when he is allowed to see Catherine’s body one last time?
- Why does Heathcliff attack Isabella?
- What happens to Isabella after she leaves Thrushcross Grange?
- What does Nelly discover about Wuthering Heights after Hindley’s death?
- Why is Edgar not able to take Hareton in after Hindley dies?
- Heathcliff and Catherine passionately embrace and argue.
- Heathcliff says he cannot forgive what Catherine has done to herself.
- Catherine won’t let Heathcliff go and faints just as Edgar enters the room.
- Catherine wakes up but does not recognize anyone. She dies later that night after giving birth to a daughter.
- Heathcliff says that he hopes Catherine is forced to haunt him until he dies.
- Heathcliff takes the lock of Edgar’s hair out of Catherine’s locket and replaces it with one of his own.
- Heathcliff attacks Isabella after she provokes him by saying that he was the cause of Catherine’s death.
- Isabella moves near London and gives birth to a son, Linton Heathcliff. She dies when Linton is only twelve.
- After Hindley’s death, Nelly discovers that Wuthering Heights has been mortgaged to Heathcliff, who is now the de facto owner.
- When Edgar tries to take Hareton, Heathcliff threatens to take Linton away from Isabella.