Chapters 10–12 Questions and Answers
- How has Heathcliff changed in the three years he has been gone?
- How does Catherine react to Heathcliff’s reappearance?
- Why has Hindley invited Heathcliff to stay at Wuthering Heights?
- What does Catherine do to embarrass Isabella?
- Why is Heathcliff interested in Isabella?
- How has Hareton changed since Nelly last saw him?
- Why does Catherine lock the door and throw the key into the fire?
- Why doesn’t Nelly say anything about Catherine’s deteriorating condition to Edgar?
- What is Edgar’s reaction when he finally sees Catherine?
- What does Isabella do at the end of Chapter 12?
- When Heathcliff reappears, he looks and behaves like a gentleman, having apparently acquired a fortune during his three years away.
- Catherine is overjoyed to...
(The entire section is 255 words.)