Last Updated on June 8, 2022, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 206
- How do Heathcliff’s eating habits change?
- Where does Heathcliff go one night?
- How is Heathcliff changed after his night outside?
- What can Heathcliff be heard doing in his room at night?
- What does Nelly advise Heathcliff to do?
- How does Nelly sense something is amiss the morning she discovers Heathcliff’s body?
- Who is upset most by Heathcliff’s death?
- What do Cathy and Hareton plan to do?
- Where does Lockwood go after leaving Wuthering Heights?
- What does Lockwood conclude about the dead?
- Heathcliff begins eating less and less until he refuses food altogether.
- Heathcliff spends an entire night rambling out on the moors.
- Heathcliff walks around the next day with an eerie expression of joy on his face.
- Nelly can hear Heathcliff pacing, groaning, and saying Catherine’s name in his room.
- Nelly advises Heathcliff to turn to God before he dies.
- Nelly notices that Heathcliff’s bedroom window is wide open even though there was a rainstorm the night before.
- Hareton is the most upset when Heathcliff dies.
- Cathy and Hareton plan to marry and move to Thrushcross Grange.
- Lockwood wanders to the graves of Catherine, Edgar, and Heathcliff.
- Lockwood concludes that the dead must surely be at peace.