Chapters 1–2 Questions and Answers
- Why does Mr. Lockwood go to Wuthering Heights?
- What happened to Lockwood the previous summer?
- How does Lockwood describe himself?
- How would you describe Heathcliff?
- How does Heathcliff react to Lockwood’s intrusion?
- Why do the dogs attack Lockwood?
- What prompts Lockwood to leave his house the next day?
- Who does the young lady sitting by the fire turn out to be?
- Who is the rough-looking young man?
- Why can’t Lockwood leave Wuthering Heights?
- Mr. Lockwood has just begun renting Thrushcross Grange and goes to meet his landlord, Heathcliff, who lives at Wuthering Heights.
- Lockwood accidentally led a young woman to believe that he was interested in her and then treated her indifferently, giving people the impression that he is...
(The entire section is 248 words.)