Winter Dreams 2 Column Notes
- Release Date: February 12, 2019
- Age Levels: Grade 11
- 1920s Minnesota
- Story begins during winter season
- Was a golf caddie at 14
- By the time he is 23, he owns his own business (laundromats)
- From a working class family
- Wants "nice things"
- Wants Judy
- Was 11 when Dexter first saw her
- From a wealth family
- Spoiled brat
- At the age of 18/19, has a lot of suitors
- Tried to beat her nurse with a golf club
Sybmols (Sunset, whiteness, snow)
- Dexter realizes he cannot achieve his "dream"
- Dexter's chances with Judy are gone
- Judy's beauty fading
- Memory of watching sunset with Judy
- Dreams cannot be realized when one is caught up in an illusion
I showed this through my document camera in the classroom and gave the categories. I had the students fillin the information in the second column. You can add or delete whatever you want.