Ideas for Reports and Papers
Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 142
1. Trace the stages in White Fang's development, noting the chief factors responsible for his change.
2. The Call of the Wild tells the opposite story of White Fang. Buck is a dog who escapes from civilization into the wild. Compare the two stories. Which one is more realistic? Why?
3. After researching the subject of wolves in the arctic, describe how wolves typically interact with humans. Do they ever attack humans? When and why? How easily can a wolf be tamed?
4. Jack London explains that humans brought fire and changed White Fang's environment. In what ways are humans today changing the arctic environment? What impact are these changes having upon the wildlife there? Consult the Reader's Guide for current articles.
5. Write a report on the Klondike gold rush of 1897. Try to show clearly what life would be like among the miners of that time.