Topics for Discussion
1. Discuss the differences between Jorn and his two brothers. How do these differences relate to the characters of their parents?
2. Discuss the differences between Tocko, the former astronomer, and Paz, the current astronomer. How do their views of the world differ? Which is more correct?
3. Discuss the perilous labors of Thag and Gallow. How do their quests reveal their worthiness for Princess Rosanore?
4. Prince Jorn's perilous labor is more complicated than those of his brothers. How do these complications come about? Why are they important? Think especially about the Knight's story of how he failed and what his punishment was.
5. At the end of the story, it becomes clear that the woods wizard has spoken to each prince while he was on his quest. What does he say to each? Of what importance are these conversations to their success with Rosanore?