Chapters 18-19: Questions and Answers
1. What does Tom say to make St. Clare stop drinking?
2. What is Old Dinah’s rule to live by in the kitchen?
3. What does Prue bring with her to sell?
4. What does Miss Ophelia think about Prue and her habits?
5. When Uncle Tom tells Prue about heaven, why does she think that she will hate it there?
6. What reason does St. Clare give as a defense against whipping a slave to death?
7. What has St. Clare been tempted to do when he seriously thinks about the effects of slavery, especially on children?
8. What does St. Clare point to in New England that makes that region less righteous in its stance against slavery?
9. Why does Miss Ophelia think that St. Clare’s comparison of American slave holders to English capitalists is inaccurate?
10. What does St. Clare predict will happen sooner or later with the slaves and other workers in the world?
1. Tom says that St. Clare has...
(The entire section is 313 words.)