Chapter 37: Questions and Answers
1. What does Tom Loker grumble about regarding his care by Aunt Dorcas?
2. What does Loker warn Aunt Dorcas about regarding the Harris family?
3. What bothers Aunt Dorcas about Tom Loker’s behavior?
4. What concerns does George have about the escape plan?
5. What does Eliza wear to disguise herself as a man?
6. What is Mrs. Smyth’s role in the escape plan?
7. From where is Mrs. Smyth originally?
8. What does George overhear as he boards the boat?
9. At which town in Canada does the Harris family arrive?
10. Where do the Harrises stay once they have reached Canada?
1. He complains that he is too hot because his bed has too many blankets.
2. He warns her that slave catchers are looking out for the Harris family at Sandusky.
3. Loker’s cursing bothers her.
4. He is concerned that he and his family will be caught even though they are close to reaching their destination.
5. She wears a cape and some gloves. She also cuts her hair short.
6. She pretends to be the aunt of Harry, who is disguised as a girl.
7. She is originally from a Quaker settlement in Canada.
8. He overhears Marks talking to others to look out for the Harris family.
9. They arrive at Amherstberg.
10. They stay at the home of a missionary.