Act II, Scene 1 Questions and Answers
1. What is Antonio’s occupation?
3. What does Sebastian think has happened to Viola?
4. Where do Antonio and Sebastian find themselves in this scene?
5. What purpose does this scene serve?
6. How would you characterize the style of the dialogue?
7. Where does Sebastian say he is headed?
8. What does Antonio want to do for Sebastian?
9. Name one source for Twelfth Night.
10. Essentially, what do the sources and the play Twelfth Night have in common?
1. Antonio is a sea captain.
2. Sebastian is Viola’s brother.
3. Sebastian thinks that Viola has drowned.
4. They find themselves on Illyria’s shore.
5. The purpose of this scene is to inform us about Viola’s twin brother.
6. The style is one of formal, straightforward prose.
7. Sebastian says he is headed for Orsino’s court.
8. Antonio wishes to serve Sebastian.
9. The sources for Twelfth Night are Gl’Ingannati, Bandello, and Riche.
10. The sources have the four essential characters and the plot in common with Shakespeare.