Chapter 29 Questions and Answers
1. What is Atticus’s one sign of inner turmoil?
2. Why does Mr. Tate say it is all right that Alexandra had not heeded her feeling?
3. Why does Atticus want Scout to raise her head when she talks?
4. Why don’t the children go back for Scout’s shoes?
5. What does Scout call out to Cecil Jacobs?
6. Why do Atticus and Alexandra not hear the sounds outside?
7. Why does Mr. Tate say Mr. Ewell acted the way that he did?
8. How does Scout know that she is under the tree?
9. Who brings Jem into the house?
10. What does Scout say to the man who rescued Jem and her?
1. The strong line of his jaw melts a little.
2. He says if we heeded all our feelings, we would be like cats chasing our tails.
3. He wants Scout to raise her head so Mr. Tate can hear.
4. The children don’t go back because they see the lights go off.
5. She calls out that Cecil is a big, fat hen.
6. They were listening to their radios.
7. Mr. Tate says that Mr. Ewell acted the way he did because he was mean.
8. Scout knows she is under the tree because the sand feels cool.
9. Boo Radley brings Jem to the house.
10. Scout says, “Hey, Boo.”