Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 221
1. What is the weather like on Halloween night?
2. Who frightens the children on the way to the auditorium?
3. What is Cecil Jacob’s costume for the pageant?
4. How much money does Scout have and how many things can she do with it?
5. Why does Scout miss her cue in the pageant?
6. Why are the children among the last ones to leave the auditorium?
7. Why does Scout wear her costume home?
8. Why can Jem see Scout in the dark?
9. How many people scuffle under the tree?
10. Who does Sheriff Tate find has been killed in the scuffle?
1. The weather is warm and the sky cloudy and dark.
2. Cecil Jacobs frightens the children on the way to the pageant.
3. Cecil Jacobs is a cow in the pageant.
4. Scout has 30¢ so she can do six things at the Halloween celebration.
5. Scout misses her cue because she is asleep.
6. Scout does not want to leave until most people are gone because she is embarrassed by her performance and does not want to talk about it.
7. Scout wants to wear her costume because she can hide her mortification under it.
8. Jem can see Scout because the fat streaks in the costume are painted with shiny paint.
9. Four people scuffle under the tree.
10. The sheriff finds Mr. Ewell has been killed in the struggle.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support