Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 239
1. What action of Atticus’s makes him unpopular with the community?
2. What is a Jew’s Harp?
3. Why does Scout wish her father was “a devil from hell”?
4. Who does Calpurnia warn about the rabid dog?
5. What nickname did Atticus have at one time?
6. Who is Zeebo?
7. What does Atticus break when he went to face the dog?
8. Was it really “a policy of cowardice” that Scout follows when she agrees not to fight anymore about Atticus?
9. Why is Calpurnia supposed to go to the back door at the Radley Place?
10. Why is Miss Maudie upset when Scout talks about Atticus being old?
1. Defending Tom Robinson against the accusation of rape is unpopular with the community.
2. A Jew’s Harp is a musical instrument played inside the mouth, against the teeth.
3. Scout wants her father to be a devil from hell so she can brag about him to others.
4. Calpurnia warns the Radleys about the rapid dog.
5. He was called One-Shot Finch or Ol’ One-Shot.
6. Zeebo is the driver of the garbage trucks.
7. Atticus breaks his glasses.
8. It is not a cowardly act, as it takes more strength to obey her resolution than to give in to anger.
9. At the time there were social rules that people usually followed. A visitor who was “beneath” the person being visited would use the back door.
10. Miss Maudie is upset because she and Atticus are about the same age.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support