Chapter 6 Questions and Answers
1. Using context clues, define the Igbo word ilo.
2. Why is the ancient silk-cotton tree considered sacred?
3. Why do the young boys of 15 and 16 wrestle first?
4. Describe Chielo in ordinary life.
5. Give an example of Chielo’s fondness for Ezinma.
6. What does Ekwefi mean when she says Ezinma is probably going to stay?
7. What is the most exciting moment in a wrestling match?
8. How do you know that Okafo and Ikezue are equally matched wrestlers?
9. What role do the drums play in the wrestling match?
10. Using context clues define the word Amadiora.
1. The Igbo word ilo refers to a playground or a large open area where meetings and sports events take place.
2. The ancient silk-cotton tree is considered sacred because the spirits of good children who are waiting to be born live there.
3. The young boys of 15 and 16 wrestle first in...
(The entire section is 297 words.)