Chapter 23 Questions and Answers
1. How does the District Commissioner coax the Igbo leaders?
2. What code of law does the District Commissioner use to judge the six Igbo leaders?
3. Why aren’t the leaders of Umuofia suspicious when the District Commissioner invites them to the courthouse?
4. What pretense does the District Commissioner use to bring his 12 men into the talks with the Igbo leaders?
5. The District Commissioner tells his men to treat the leaders of Umuofia with respect. Describe how the court messengers humiliate the leaders.
6. How does Okonkwo react to the way the court messengers treat him?
7. How is the story of the detained leaders elaborated...
(The entire section is 416 words.)