Chapter 21 Questions and Answers
1. What arguments does Akunna use to convince Mr. Brown that lesser gods act as messengers to Chukwu?
2. Why does Mr. Brown disapprove of Enoch’s behavior?
3. What is Mr. Brown’s attitude toward the traditional Igbo religion?
4. Akunna explains that the Igbo know Chukwu as the great creator god because many children are named Chukwuka. What does the name mean?
5. Why does Mr. Brown visit Okonkwo?
6. What is Nwoye’s new Christian name?
7. How does Okonkwo respond to Mr. Brown’s visit?
8. Why does Mr. Brown leave his mission?
9. Why does Okonkwo feel as though he has returned in the wrong year?
10. Describe Okonkwo’s homecoming.
1. Akunna says that the lesser gods act as messengers to Chukwu just like Mr. Brown acts as a messenger of his church and the District Commissioner acts as a messenger of the ruler in England.
2. Mr. Brown disapproves of Enoch’s action because he is overzealous and provokes the...
(The entire section is 323 words.)