Chapter 12 Questions and Answers
1. How do the people of Umuike develop their market?
2. The story of the man and the goat shows that the Umuike market is often filled with thieves. What happens in this story?
3. What do Okonkwo’s first and third wives contribute to the betrothal feast?
4. Why does Ekwefi join the betrothal feast later?
5. The members of Obierika’s extended family sit in a half-moon. When his in-laws arrive, they complete thecircle. What is the significance of the seating arrangement?
6. Describe the difference in the attire of the married women and that of the girls who greet the in-laws.
7. What does the eldest man among the in-laws mean when...
(The entire section is 409 words.)