Chapter 11 Questions and Answers
1. Why don’t the birds want Tortoise to join them at the feast in the sky?
2. How does Tortoise convince the birds to allow him to join them at the feast?
3. How is Tortoise able to fly with the birds of the sky?
4. What are some of the hard things Tortoise’s wife takes out of the house to prepare for Tortoise’s fall?
5. Why does Ezinma cry when Chielo calls her “my daughter”?
6. Why does Ekwefi recoil from Chielo when she turns around?
7. Why does Ekwefi doubt the wisdom of her coming to the hills and caves?
8. How could a woman like Chielo carry a child the size of Ezinma for such a long distance?
9. How does Ekwefi know they have reached the ring of hills?
10. Who joins Ekwefi as she waits for Chielo and Ezinma?
1. The birds do not want Tortoise to join them at the feast in the sky because it is a time of famine. Tortoise is cunning and ungrateful.
2. Tortoise convinces the birds to allow him to join them by explaining that he is a changed man. Tortoise has...
(The entire section is 363 words.)