Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 234
1. Why does Tea Cake tell Janie to have another Coca-Cola?
2. Where do Janie and Tea Cake go fishing?
3. How is Tea Cake prepared to play with Janie’s hair?
4. What kind of fish does Tea Cake catch for Janie?
5. What does Janie wish about herself?
6. How much does Tea Cake want to bet Janie that he loves her?
7. Why does Tea Cake wake Janie up a couple of days after their fight?
8. What is Tea Cake doing in Janie’s hammock?
9. Why does Tea Cake bring a car to Janie’s store?
10. How long has Tea Cake been saving money to take Janie to the picnic?
1. Janie had her first soda alone, and “it wasn’t done right dat time.”
2. They go fishing at Lake Sabelia.
3. He brought a comb in case he had an opportunity to comb her hair that night.
4. Tea Cake catches some trout.
5. Janie wishes that she could be 12 years younger.
6. Tea Cake wants to bet a dollar, but then says that Janie has probably never made a bet in her life.
7. Tea Cake wants to prove to Janie that his feelings during the day are as honest as his feelings at night.
8. Tea Cake is pretending to be asleep.
9. Tea Cake wants to travel to a larger grocery store in order to buy things for the picnic.
10. Tea Cake has been saving money for two weeks.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support