Topics for Discussion
1. Although the book's ending seems hopeless, do you think it is possible that Mark and Bryon will reconcile? What would have to happen first for this reconciliation to take place?
2. Should Bryon have called the police when he did, or should he have given Mark another chance?
3. What could help Mark develop a more ethical, mature attitude toward others and himself?
4. Discuss the pros and cons of looking back at past events and asking "what if?"
5. Cathy exerts a big influence on Bryon. Does Bryon influence her in any way? Does she change as a result of her relationship with Bryon?