Act I, Scene 2, lines 189-320 Questions and Answers
1. What three elements of nature does Ariel represent in this scene?
2. How does Ariel “burn in many places” during the tempest?
3. What did the passengers of the ship do when they were afraid of dying?
4. What did Ariel do with the passengers?
5. What did Ariel do with the mariners?
6. Where did he leave the ship? Was it damaged from the storm?
7. What does Ariel expect to get for all of his labors?
8. Why is Prospero angry at Ariel for requesting his freedom?
9. Where did the “foul witch Sycorax” imprison Ariel?
10. Why was Ariel left imprisoned for 12 years?
1. Ariel represents the elements of air, water, and fire.
2. Ariel divides himself and becomes several fires on...
(The entire section is 239 words.)