Chapter 9: Questions and Answers
1. What is Jade’s first impression of Eloe?
2. What is the only contact between Son and Old Man for the last eight years?
3. Old Man tells Son that Sally Brown has died. What is her relationship to Son?
4. What does Jade mean when she refers to talking “down home”?
5. Why does Jade think Ernie Paul’s visit in Eloe is a “TKO”?
6. When Soldier asks Jade who is controlling the relationship between her and Son, what is her answer?
7. What is Jadine’s nightmare in Eloe and also in New York when she returns there?
8. How does Son threaten Jadine’s idea of her future with his description of her role in life?...
(The entire section is 473 words.)