Act II, Scene 1 Questions and Answers
1. What color is Kate’s hair?
2. Why has Kate bound Bianca’s hands?
3. Who offers Baptista gifts?
4. Why do the men believe that Petruchio has successfully wooed Kate when she rejects him publicly?
5. How does Baptista resolve the strife between Gremio and Tranio, who both seek the hand of Bianca?
6. What does Gremio offer to give Bianca?
7. How does Tranio’s offer compare to Gremio’s?
8. When are Katharina and Bianca to be married?
9. How does Gremio react to Baptista favoring Tranio’s offer?
10. What does Tranio mean when he says that a “child shall get a sire”(408)?
1. She is probably a brunette, as Petruchio refers to her as a hazel-twig, and brown in hue.
2. She is interrogating Bianca about which suitor she prefers.
3. Strictly speaking, only Tranio does. He presents Baptista with a lute and some books. Both Petruchio and Gremio offer the services of teachers.
4. Petruchio has invented a clever story. The couple will be mean in public and mild in private. The men have a...
(The entire section is 354 words.)