Book the Third, Chapters 4 and 5 Questions and Answers
1. What does Dr. Manette keep secret from Lucie?
2. How does Dr. Manette gain influence with the new republic?
3. What is the slogan of this new republic?
4. What new device has led to more beheadings and how is this device described?
5. How does Lucie cope with her husband’s imprisonment?
6. What small consolation does Dr. Manette arrange for Lucie and Charles?
7. Where is the coincidental location of this spot?
8. What interest does the wood-sawyer take in Lucie?
9. Yet, who passes by this very spot soon after?
10. How does this chapter end?
1. He does not tell her that 1,100 prisoners have been killed in the past four...
(The entire section is 219 words.)