Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 186
1. Where is Tellson’s Paris branch located?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. What is on the grounds of this house?
3. Who comes to France in this chapter?
4. What does Defarge bring to Mr. Lorry?
5. Where does Lorry take the Defarges?
6. Why does Madame Defarge accompany them?
7. Is this the only reason?
8. What does Lucie ask of Madame Defarge?
9. What does Madame Defarge reply?
10. What is Mr. Lorry thinking as the chapter ends?
1. It is located in a house that the republic has seized from a nobleman.
2. There is a grindstone on the grounds of the house.
3. Lucie, her daughter, Dr. Manette, and Miss Pross come to France.
4. He brings a note from Dr. Manette.
5. He takes them to see Lucie.
6. The reason given is that she may see them, so that they may be protected.
7. There are hints that Madame Defarge has another reason; she wants to see Lucie and the child so that she may register them.
8. She asks for her mercy concerning her husband.
9. She tells Lucie that one person’s suffering has become irrelevant.
10. He is greatly troubled as to Charles and Lucie’s future.