Book the Third, Chapters 14 and 15 Questions and Answers
1. What does Madame Defarge decide at the beginning of the chapter?
2. Where does Madame Defarge then go?
3. What do we learn about Madame Defarge as she makes her way to Lucie’s apartment?
4. Whom does Madame Defarge meet at Lucie’s apartment?
5. What happens at the apartment?
6. What is the result of this struggle?
7. What does Jerry Cruncher do in this chapter?
8. What does Sydney Carton think of as he awaits the guillotine?
9. What are his thoughts regarding the future?
10. What are Sydney Carton’s final thoughts regarding his life?
1. She decides that Lucie, her daughter, and Dr. Manette all must die.
(The entire section is 229 words.)