Book the Third, Chapters 11 and 12 Questions and Answers
1. What does Lucie ask of the crowd at the trial?
2. Who helps Lucie when she faints?
3. What does Little Lucie say to Carton?
4. What happens to Dr. Manette in this chapter?
5. What does Carton learn about Madame Defarge while he is at the wine-shop?
6. What is ironic about this revelation?
7. What are Madame Defarge’s plans for Dr. Manette and Lucie?
8. What does Carton tell Lorry to do?
9. What does Carton give to Lorry?
10. What is the final condition that Carton gives Lorry?
1. She asks them to let her touch her husband for one last time.
2. Sydney Carton helps Lucie.
3. She says that she knows Carton will save her father.
4. He relapses into his shoemaking ways of prison.
5. He learns that she is the sister of those who were wronged by the Evremondes.
6. It reveals that she had personal motives when she earlier stated that individuals do not matter in the revolution.
7. She plans to denounce both of them.
8. He tells Lorry to reserve a coach for two o’clock the next afternoon.
9. He gives him certificates that will allow Carton, Dr. Manette, and Lucie to leave France.
10. He tells Lorry, “Wait for nothing but to have my place occupied, and then to England!”