Book the Third, Chapter 9 Questions and Answers
1. Why is Mr. Lorry angry with Jerry Cruncher?
2. What deal has Sydney Carton worked out with Barsad?
3. What is Lorry’s reaction to this?
4. Where does Carton go after he leaves Lorry?
5. What does he do there?
6. What does Carton do for the rest of the night?
7. What goes through his head during this long night?
8. Where had he first heard these words?
9. Who is the mysterious third person who has denounced Charles Darnay?
10. How has this denunciation come about?
1. Lorry feels that Cruncher has imposed on Tellson’s Bank by being a grave-robber as well as an odd job man for the bank.
2. He has ensured access to Charles Darnay, once.
3. He says that this can do the prisoner no good.
4. He goes to a chemist’s shop.
5. He buys two chemicals that are dangerous when mixed together.
6. He wanders the streets of Paris.
7. He keeps thinking, “I am the resurrection.”
8. He first heard these words of the Lord at his father’s funeral.
9. The mysterious third person is Alexandre Manette.
10. Ernest Defarge produces a paper that is said to hold this denunciation.