Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 184
1. How many prisoners are awaiting their deaths?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. What does Darnay do once he resigns himself to dying?
3. Who is not in Darnay’s mind at all?
4. What does Sydney Carton tell Darnay?
5. How does Carton then proceed with his plan?
6. Whom does Carton call into the room to carry Darnay out?
7. Who does Carton meet as he awaits death?
8. What does this woman say to Carton?
9. What is Carton’s reply?
10. How does this chapter end?
1. Fifty-two prisoners are awaiting death.
2. He sits down and writes letters to Lucie, Dr. Manette, and Mr. Lorry.
3. Darnay does not think of Sydney Carton.
4. He tells Darnay that he comes with an urgent entreaty from Darnay’s wife.
5. He knocks Darnay out with the chemicals he purchased earlier.
6. Carton call John Barsad into the room.
7. He meets a woman who knew Darnay in the prison, La Force.
8. She asks him if he is dying for Evremonde (Darnay).
9. Carton replies that he is dying for him and his wife and child.
10. It ends with Lorry, Lucie, her daughter, Dr. Manette, and Darnay driving towards England.