Book the Second, Chapters 17 and 18 Questions and Answers
1. Of what do Lucie and her father assure each other on the night before her wedding?
2. What does Dr. Manette speak of for the first time?
3. What does Lucie pray for that night?
4. How does Dr. Manette react to hearing Darnay’s secret?
5. Who is present at the wedding?
6. What does Dr. Manette say to Darnay after the wedding?
7. What does this reveal about Lucie’s character?
8. What does Dr. Manette do after Lucie and Charles leave?
9. How does Lorry react to this? What does he try to do?
10. How long does this go on?
1. They assure each other that Lucie’s marriage will only make them closer.
(The entire section is 222 words.)