Book II, Chapters 14-15 Questions and Answers
1. Whom does Jake think he has not been considerate of?
2. How does Jake categorize his various friends’ abilities to hold alcohol?
3. How does Robert spend his time before the fiesta?
4. What is written on the banner being carried into the fiesta?
5. How long is the fiesta?
6. Whom do the dancers put into the center of the group as an image to dance around?
7. How much does Jake pay for the wineskins?
8. Who passes out from drinking too much?
9. Before it starts, what is Robert afraid will happen during the bullfight?
10. How old is Romero?
1. Jake thinks he has not been considering Brett’s feelings.
2. Jake feels Mike is a bad drunk; Brett and Bill are good drinkers; Cohn never gets drunk.
3. Before the fiesta, Robert studies Spanish or gets a shave.
4. The banner reads, “Hurray for Wine! Hurray for the foreigners!”
5. The Pamplona fiesta lasts seven days.
6. The dancers place Brett into the center of their group and dance around her.
7. Jake pays eight pesetas for two wineskins.
8. Robert passes out from drinking too much.
9. Robert is afraid he may be bored during the bullfight.
10. Romero is 19 years old.