Book II, Chapters 10-11 Questions and Answers
1. What does Jake buy before they leave?
2. Where do they hire the car to take them?
3. How do Spanish meals differ from American?
4. What do Robert and Bill bet on?
5. Why does Robert decide not to go fishing with Bill and Jake?
6. How does Bill react when he finds Robert actually did go with Brett to San Sebastian?
7. What kind of noise does the Basque on the bus imitate?
8. What type of apparel do the Basques wear?
9. How long had the man on the bus been in America?
10. What drink comes with the hotel room’s price?
1. Before they leave on the trip, Jake buys tackle for fishing.
2. Jake, Bill, and Robert hire the car to take them to Pamplona.
3. In Spain, meals contain more courses.
4. Bill bets Brett and Mike will come to Pamplona that night, but Robert bets they will not.
5. Robert thinks he should go to Brett in case she had intended to meet him in San Sebastian.
6. Bill thinks Brett was foolish to go with Robert to San Sebastian.
7. On the bus, the Basque repeatedly imitates a Klaxon motor horn.
8. The Basques wear a black smock.
9. The man Bill and Jake meet on the bus had been in America 15 years.
10. Wine is included in the price of the room.