Book II, Chapter 9 Questions and Answers
1. What kind of fight do Bill and Jake see at the beginning of the chapter?
2. Where does Jake cable Robert to meet them?
3. After Bayonne, where will they go on the bus?
4. What does Mike ask Jake’s permission to do?
5. What is Mike waiting for before he goes with them?
6. Brett expresses concern about whose going on the trip?
7. What does Brett confide to Jake about her and Robert?
8. How does Jake react?
9. Why had Brett gone with Robert?
10. Where do Jake and Brett plan to meet?
1. At the beginning of the chapter, Robert and Jake are going to watch boxing.
2. Jake cables Robert to meet them in Bayonne.
3. After they leave Bayonne, the friends plan to go to Pamplona.
4. Mike wants to go with Jake and Bill to Spain.
5. Mike is waiting for his allowance to come.
6. Brett feels concern Robert will feel uncomfortable on the trip with her and Mike.
7. Brett tells Jake she and Robert had been together in San Sebastian.
8. Jake reacts to Brett’s revelation by sarcastically commenting on the liaison.
9. Brett says she had gone with Robert because she thought the affair would be good for him.
10. Jake and Brett make plans to meet in Pamplona.