Book II, Chapter 18 Questions and Answers
1. At the beginning of the chapter, who has left?
2. Who is in bad shape from Robert’s beating?
3. What does Brett want to do in San Fermin?
4. What is the nationality of the maitre d’ at the hotel?
5. What is in the baskets carried by the sword handlers and bull-ring servants?
6. What official is attending the final fight?
7. What is wrong with Romero’s first bull?
8. To whom does Romero give the bull’s ear?
9. What does Jake say Robert will do now?
10. Where is Brett?
1. Robert leaves after his altercation with the others about Brett.
2. Romero has been badly beaten by Robert.
3. When she and Jake are in San Fermin, Brett prays for Romero.
4. The hotel maitre d’ is German.
5. The sword handlers’ baskets are holding fighting capes and muletas.
6. The president is watching the bullfights on the last day of the fiesta.
7. Romero’s first bull presents a challenge because it cannot see well.
8. After Romero has killed the bull, he cuts off the ear and gives it to Brett.
9. Jake assumes that, now that Robert has accepted his loss of Brett, he will go back to Frances.
10. Brett has left Pamplona with Romero.