Book II, Chapter 16 Questions and Answers
1. Why doesn’t Montoya want Romero to have coffee with the ambassador?
2. What does Bill keep doing to Mike?
3. Where did Romero learn English?
4. What does Jake lie to Romero about?
5. What does the critic compare the bulls’ horns to?
6. Who nearly come to blows?
7. Where is Robert when Brett and Jake come out of the bar?
8. Whom has Brett fallen for?
9. While they are sitting at the table, what does Brett tell Romero she will do for him?
10. Under what pretense does Jake leave Brett and Romero?
1. Montoya is afraid if Romero has coffee with the ambassador, the attention will spoil Romero.
2. As a joke, Bill keeps getting men to shine Mike’s boots.
3. Romero had learned English in Gibraltar.
4. Jake lies when he tells Romero he saw him fight in Madrid.
5. The critic with Romero compares the bull’s horns to bananas.
6. During the course of the conversation, Mike and Robert nearly come to blows.
7. Brett and Jake know Robert has been waiting for her because he walks out from under the arcade.
8. Brett has fallen in love with Romero.
9. While they are sitting at the table, Brett says she can tell Romero’s fortune.
10. Jake lets Brett and Romero be alone by saying he has to go find their friends.