Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 204
1. Who gives Jake the letter from Michael?
2. Where are Bill and Jake meeting Brett and Michael?
3. From whom does Jake receive a telegram?
4. What does Harris give Bill and Jake as presents when they leave for Pamplona?
5. Why does Montoya respect Jake so much?
6. What are two things Mike says caused his bankruptcy?
7. To what does Jake compare the bull?
8. Who gets into an argument with Robert? Why?
9. How had Robert acted when he joined Brett and Mike in San Sebastian?
10. What pet name does Robert call Brett? Why?
1. Harris gives Jake the letter from Michael.
2. All of the friends will be meeting at the Hotel Montoya in Pamplona.
3. Jake receives a telegram from Robert Cohn telling of his arrival.
4. Harris gives parting gifts of fishing flies to Jake and Bill.
5. Montoya respects him because Jake has a passion, or afición, for bullfighting.
6. Mike says his bankruptcy was caused by friends and creditors.
7. Jake compares the bull to a boxer.
8. Mike gets into an argument with Robert because he is tired of Robert following Brett around everywhere.
9. In San Sebastian, Robert had followed Brett everywhere and stared at her constantly.
10. Robert calls Brett Circe because she turns men into swine.