Book I, Chapter 3 Questions and Answers
1. What drink does Georgette order?
2. What is physically wrong with Georgette?
3. How did Jake get hurt?
4. Where do Jake and the others go?
5. What is Georgette’s occupation?
6. What city is Jake from?
7. What does Georgette think of Paris?
8. What type of people does Brett arrive with?
9. Who falls for Brett at the end of the chapter?
10. How is Brett different in the taxi?
1. Georgette orders pernod.
2. Georgette has bad teeth.
3. While Jake was in the war, he received his injury.
4. Jake and the others go to the Bal, a dance club.
5. Georgette is a prostitute.
6. Jake is an American from Kansas City.
7. Georgette thinks Paris is dirty and expensive.
8. When Brett arrives at the dance club, she is with a group of gay men.
9. At the end of the chapter, Robert is acting smitten with Brett.
10. Unlike the normal carefree exterior she presents, when Brett is in the taxi with Jake she is open and honest.