Chapter 7: 1937 Questions and Answers
Last Updated on May 6, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 245
1. How long did it take for Sula to return to the Bottom after Nel’s wedding?
2. What plague accompanied Sula?
3. Why did the people of the Bottom do nothing to rid themselves of the plague?
4. How did Sula get Eva out of the house?
5. What did Sula tell Nel that she had witnessed with Eva?
6. How did Nel feel about the return of Sula?
7. Why was Nel surprised that Sula had asked Laura to leave?
8. Where had Sula attended college?
9. Why did Sula tell Nel she had moved Eva into the home?
10. With whom did Jude leave?
1. It took Sula ten years to return to the Bottom after Nel’s wedding.
2. A plague of robins accompanied Sula into the Bottom.
3. The people of the Bottom did nothing to rid themselves of the plague because they believed that they had to learn to live with evil.
4. Sula got Eva out of the house by signing the papers and having the men come with their stretcher to transport Eva to Beechnut.
5. Sula told Nel that she had witnessed Eva burning Plum.
6. Nel greeted the return of Sula with joy and gladness.
7. Nel was surprised that Sula had asked Laura to leave because Laura was receiving no pay for her work.
8. Sula had attended college in Nashville.
9. Sula told Nel she had moved Eva into the home because she was afraid that Eva would burn her as Eva had burned Plum.
10. Jude left with Sula.