Chapter 11: 1965 Questions and Answers
1. Of whom did the young men of 1965 remind Nel?
2. Why were more homes for the elderly necessary in Medallion?
3. How many children did Nel have?
4. What was happening to land in the Bottom in 1965?
5. Nel persisted in doing an activity that most people in the Bottom did not do. What was this activity?
6. What did Eva imagine she was doing when Nel visited?
7. Whom did Eva call Nel at the end of the visit?
8. Whom did Nel meet on the way to the cemetery?
9. What was the song sung at the cemetery for Sula?
10. What food did Eva say that Nel had eaten?
1. Nel thought the young men of 1965 reminded her of the deweys.
2. More homes for the elderly were necessary because many families were placing their old persons in the homes sooner.
3. Nel had three children.
4. The whites were buying the land in the Bottom in 1965.
5. Nel persisted in walking, an activity that most people in the Bottom did not do.
6. Eva imagined she was ironing when Nel visited.
7. Eva called Nel by the name of Sula at the end of the visit.
8. Nel met Shadrack on her way to the cemetery.
9. The song sung at the cemetery for Sula was “Shall We Gather at the River.”
10. Eva said that Nel had eaten chop suey.