Part 2, Chapter 1: Questions and Answers
1. What does Meursault think about the magistrate when he first meets him?
2. What does Meursault’s lawyer look like?
3. What charge against Meursault, besides murder, is the lawyer concerned about?
4. Is the lawyer optimistic about Meursault’s case?
5. How did Meursault feel about his mother?
6. How does the lawyer react to Meursault during their first meeting?
7. What does the typist do during Meursault’s meeting with the magistrate?
8. How does Meursault react to the magistrate when the magistrate starts talking about God?
9. How does Meursault feel sitting in the magistrate’s office?
10. Does Meursault accept the fact that he is a criminal?
1. Meursault finds him to be “highly intelligent and, on the whole, likable enough.”
2. The lawyer is...
(The entire section is 246 words.)