Part 1, Chapter 6: Questions and Answers
Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 209
1. How does Meursault feel when he wakes up on Sunday morning¬?
2. Where does Meursault first see the Arabs?
3. What does Meursault think about Raymond’s outfit?
4. Who is Masson?
5. How does Meursault feel after he eats lunch?
6. Where do Meursault, Raymond, and Masson go after lunch?
7. What happens when Raymond fights with the Arab?
8. What does Raymond do when he meets the Arab again?
9. How does the sun affect Meursault when he’s walking alone on the beach?
10. What happens when Meursault confronts the Arab?
1. Meursault wakes up with a headache, feeling “under the weather.”
2. He sees them standing around in front of the tobacconist’s shop.
3. Meursault is “put off by his getup.”
4. Masson is Raymond’s friend. He owns the bungalow on the beach.
5. Meursault complains of feeling “slightly muzzy.”
6. They go for a walk on the beach and they encounter the two Arabs.
7. The Arab pulls a knife and cuts Raymond on the face and arm.
8. The second time Raymond meets the Arab, he considers shooting him, but Meursault talks him out of it.
9. Meursault experiences a “dark befuddlement” when the intense sunlight “blasts” into his face.
10. With the sun “stabbing” into his face, Meursault shoots the Arab five times and kills him.