Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 231
1. Where do Meursault and Marie go on Saturday?
2. What does Marie do when Meursault tells her about old Salamano and his dog?
3. How does Meursault feel about policemen?
4. How does Raymond greet the policeman who comes to his door?
5. Why is Raymond shaking when he talks to the policeman?
6. How does Meursault feel about being Raymond’s witness?
7. Why is old Salamano so upset?
8. How does Raymond treat Salamano?
9. When Salamano visits Meursault, what does Meursault tell him?
10. Why does Meursault think about his mother?
1. Meursault and Marie go to the beach. Later they return to Meursault’s apartment.
2. Marie laughs at Meursault’s story.
3. Meursault tells Marie that he doesn’t like policemen.
4. Raymond greets the policeman with a “sickly smile” and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.
5. The policeman accuses Raymond of being drunk, but Raymond says he is shaking because the angry policeman is standing at his door.
6. Meursault says he has no objections, but he doesn’t know what Raymond expects him to say.
7. Old Salamano is upset because he lost his dog at the Parade Ground.
8. Raymond tries to reassure Salamano that he’ll find his dog again.
9. Meursault tells Salamano that his dog is probably at the pound and won’t be killed for at least three days.
10. After he overhears Salamano crying, Meursault, “for some reason,” thinks about his mother.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support