Part 2 Questions and Answers
1. What did Quentin do with the watch from his father?
2. What, for Quentin, was the significance of the month of June?
3. What did Quentin tell his father that he and Caddy had done?
4. What did Quentin enclose with the suicide note to his ¬father?
5. How did the Compson family pay for Quentin’s tuition to Harvard?
6. What reward did a store in Boston offer to anybody who could catch the giant trout?
7. Where did the three boys go after they gave up the idea of catching the trout?
8. What did Caddy do to Natalie, the girlfriend of Quentin?
9. What did Dalton Ames do with his gun after he had demonstrated how it worked?
10. What is the last thing that Quentin does before going out to commit suicide?
1. Quentin broke the glass of the watch, then tore off the hands.
2. Quentin called June “the month of brides,” thinking of the wedding of his sister Caddy.
3. Quentin told his father that he and Caddy had committed incest.
4. Quentin enclosed the key to his trunk with the suicide note to his father.
5. The Compson family paid for Quentin’s tuition to Harvard by selling the piece of land known as “Benjy’s pasture.”
6. A store in Boston offered a fishing pole worth $25 to anyone who could catch the giant trout.
7. After they gave up the idea of catching the trout, the three boys went to a mill pond to swim.
8. Caddy pushed Natalie down a ladder.
9. After he had demonstrated how it worked, Dalton Ames offered his gun to Quentin.
10. The last thing Quentin does before going out to commit suicide is to borrow a brush from Shreve and clean his hat.