Chapter 8 Questions and Answers
1. Why does the narrator say Milkman includes Guitar in the plan to steal the gold?
2. Why does Milkman suddenly start buying newspapers? What kind of reports is Milkman looking for?
3. As Milkman and Guitar discuss their plan for stealing the gold, what image does Milkman see as he stares “off into the sky for inspiration”?
4. Why is Milkman aware of a falseness in his voice when he talks to Guitar about what he will buy with the gold? Why does he really want the gold?
5. What does Milkman say about the way Pilate’s household tells time?
6. Where does Milkman tell Guitar are the only places Pilate, Reba, and Hagar go together?
(The entire section is 403 words.)