Ideas for Reports and Papers
1. Read St. Luke's Gospel in the Bible and demonstrate how it has influenced Billy's "Tralfamadorian adventure with death."
2. Research and describe the bombing of Dresden. Include information about the cultural history of Dresden up until the time it was bombed.
3. Research and explain the philosophical concept of determinism.
4. Research the Children's Crusade and explain why Vonnegut found it an appropriate subtitle for his novel.
5. Research the type of twentieth-century literature referred to as "the absurd," and explain some of the "absurd" characteristics of Slaughterhouse-Five.