Part Four, Verses 80-87, Lines 1998-2211 Questions and Answers
1. How is the weather when Gawain awakes to journey to the Green Chapel?
2. What does Gawain wear for the final journey to the Green Chapel?
3. How does Gawain travel to the Green Chapel?
4. Who sees Gawain off when he leaves Hautdesert Castle?
5. What does Gawain think to himself as he leaves Hautdesert Castle?
6. What does the guide tell Gawain about the Green Knight?
7. What does the guide urge Gawain to do?
8. What does the guide do after warning Gawain about the Green Knight?
9. Where does the path the guide pointed out take Gawain?
10. What does Gawain find after he dismounts?
1. The weather is bleak and snowy when Gawain wakes to journey to the Green Chapel.
2. The things Gawain wears for his final journey to the Green Chapel include armor, a coat, and the green sash from the mistress of the house.
3. Gawain travels to the Green Chapel on his horse Gringolet.
4. Only the porter sees Gawain off when he leaves Hautdesert Castle.
5. As he leaves Hautdesert Castle, Gawain thinks to himself how well the people there have treated him and that they deserve to be rewarded.
6. The guide tells Gawain that the Green Knight is mighty and has no mercy.
7. The guide urges Gawain to turn back and not go to the Green Chapel.
8. After warning him about the Green Knight, the guide gives Gawain a lance and a helmet, then turns around and leaves.
9. The path the guide pointed out takes Gawain into a ravine.
10. After he dismounts, Gawain finds a mound that contains a cavern.