Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 198
1. Who according to tradition, founded the dynasty of Arthur?
2. Where was the court of Arthur?
3. At what time of year does the story begin?
4. Why is Arthur not yet seated?
5. Next to whom is Gawain seated?
6. Next to whom, apart from Guinevere, is the seat of Arthur?
7. How tall is the Green Knight?
8. Is the Green Knight equipped to do battle?
9. What has the Green Knight in his hands?
10. For whom does the Green Knight call?
1. According to tradition, the dynasty of Arthur was founded by Felix Brutus, great grandson of the Trojan hero Aeneas.
2. The court of Arthur was at Camelot.
3. The story begins at Christmas Eve.
4. Arthur has sworn not to eat until he has either heard a marvel or a challenge has been issued.
5. Gawain is seated beside Guinevere and by his brother Agravain.
6. Arthur is seated between Guinevere and Bishop Baldwin.
7. The Green Knight is almost a giant, far taller than any of Arthur’s knights.
8. No, the Green Knight is not wearing armor.
9. In one hand the Green Knight holds a branch of holly, in the other a battle-ax.
10. The Green Knight calls for whomever is presiding at the gathering.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support