Topics for Discussion
Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 198
1. How should Jill record Asian's signs so that she will remember them?
2. Why does the meeting with the woman in green and the black knight set Jill and Eustace to bickering with each other?
3. Compare Rilian's response to the possibility of adventuring in Bism to his father's behavior when at the Last Wave in The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader." What would be Lewis's purpose in having Rilian respond to Bism as Caspian responds to Asian's Country? Why would there be differences?
4. Why would Asian not show his face to the bullies of Experiment House?
5. Why do we readers have a good idea about who the woman in green is long before Jill, Eustace, and Puddleglum do?
6. Why is Puddleglum the one who manages to resist the Green Witch's seductive magic in the chamber of the silver chair?
7. How good a companion is Puddleglum? Is he good to have on an adventure?
8. Why do Jill, Eustace, and Puddleglum not realize the young man with the odd face is Prince Rilian?
9. Why do Jill, Eustace, and Puddleglum hesitate to do as Rilian asks, even after they hear Asian's last sign?
10. What is the point of the Great Snow Dance?